« Home | HAMILTON ON THE REVERSE COUNTThis is definitely th... » | ALONSO BOUNCES BACK.HAMILTON PROVES HIMSELF AGAIN!... » | 2007 SEASON HAS STARTED. The start of the Formula... » | MCLAREN NEW HELMETSFernando Alonso's fresh new hel... » | HONDA TEAM HELMETSRuben Barichello' Helmet And Jen... » | FINALLY HONDA UNVEILS ITS "EARTH-FRIENDLY" CAR.A r... » | SPYKER F1 CAR!!This car will do nothing other than... » | Melbourne to host pre-race Ferrari festivalA joint... » | Red Bull launched its 2007 car.The Red Bull RB3 ha... » | 2007 Formula 1 Line-upGoodbye to 2006 and here is ... »

WILL FERRARI RE-EMERGE??

Raikkonen came third behind the McLaren pair at Sepang. Blighted by concerns over the durability of his engine - which had suffered a water leak in the previous round in Australia - Raikkonen was left unable to challenge second-placed Hamilton as hard as he could have. With a new V8 in his F2007 for the Bahrain Grand Prix, however, Kimi confident his pace will improve.


“We will get a new fresh engine to Bahrain,” Raikkonen told Ferrari’s official website. “That makes me feel very optimistic. When we have our whole package working 100 percent, we should be back to the same speed as what we had in Melbourne. For sure, McLaren has improved, but at least we should be able to challenge them better than in Sepang.

Massa also struggled during the Malaysian race he lost two places to the McLarens at the start and a rash passing attempt on Hamilton later on in the Grand Prix resulted in an off-track moment - and the loss of yet more places. He eventually crossed the line in fifth.

“I knew that if I did not pass Lewis as soon as possible, my race was effectively over,” explained Massa. “I said to myself that I did not want to sit behind him, looking at the back of a McLaren for the whole race! If people accuse me of making mistake, I say, yes I did make a mistake, because otherwise I would have been ahead of him. But, I am not disappointed that I tried to pass him.”

Ferrari sit second in the constructors’ championship standings on 23 points, nine behind leaders McLaren. Raikkonen is second in the drivers’ standings, on 16 points to Alonso’s 18, while Massa is joint fifth with Renault’s Giancarlo Fisichella on seven.

Now everything unfolds on the Bahrain Grand Prix where the real show will emerge and the Ferraris might show there real RED nature.

Labels:

free web tracker
Check My Stats